A language is a natural or constructed system of communication, employing spoken and written elements, composed of a grammar and a vocabulary, used by any given group of people for the exchange of ideas and concepts via the application of words and other features in a structured and conventional form.
Languages evolve through the centuries, interacting with neighbouring languages, giving rise to hybrid forms, creoles and pidgins - occasionally developing into completely new languages, or dying out. In addition to its strictly communicative uses, the use of a particular language at a given moment in time is also deeply entrenched with other concepts, such as ethnic identity, political history, nationalism, religious use, social stratification, etc.
Languages descending from a common ancestor make up language families.
- Deassic languages
- Ethwynic languages
- Mystgallian languages
- Sjomanian languages
- Hispaneesh languages
- Oilian languages
- Partogees languages
- Isclas d'Áur languages
- Deuco, a language with Gardlian and Liliance roots
Chungese in itself is not a single language, but a collection thereof. Therefore, this group reflects the wider language group, those related to the origins of Chungese.
- Chungese group
- Krungese (Singhvet)
- Sipai (Seepaey) language group
- Xipangi group
Remotely or allegedly related:
- Utameyas (It was recently theorised by Utanian linguists that Utameyas is linked to some form of proto-xipangi language, but remains controversial. Others call Utameyas an isolated language.)
Central Erassian languagesEdit
Erassian isolated languagesEdit
- Myrinesian (Kalesthesia)
- Udani (Uudangwuu)
- Tumicki dialect (Uudangwuu)
- Nume languages
- Shaelic — official language of the Republic of Shaelia
- Cendlese — spoken primarily on the Severnaya Peninsula; officially recognized language in the Republic of Shaelia
- Vessic — spoken primarily on the Severnaya Peninsula; officially recognized language in the Republic of Shaelia
- Extremish <of Terra Extremis, the Draconian territory bordering Somery and Wesmerité>
- Plic Small enclave of unknown language origin in Kalesthesia
- Sakerik Small enclave of unknown language origin in eastern Kasvria (Kasvria & Savarai)
- Tak The official language of the Free States of Tak
- [TECH: Earth Parallels: Languages]