In political geography and international politics a nation, alternativelly called a country is a geographical territory, with its own government, administration and laws, police, military, tax rules, and population, who are one another's countrymen.
The Vexillian entities normally called countries or nations are the following (in alphabetical order). Some of these may be Dormant nations.
Several nations sometimes acknolowdged as independent countries are, actually, somehow politically dependent of another one. These include:
- Eastern Islands
- Fora Rifo
- The various components of the Greater Burovian Realm
- Port Marie
- Mestonia, a protectorate of the Melanian Sea Treaty Organization
- Nova Luxa
Some other ones are commonly not recognized as independent countries by others. They are disputed areas, rebel-held lands or other similar status. They are:
- The Pataki People's Republic
- Many territories of the former Northern Gronk still have no centralized government structure.
- Republic of Melga, also claimed by a group calling itself the Lendian Confederacy
- Theocracy of Ordland
- Fort Capital, Glaciaria disputed between Namuria and Altland. (Not to be confused with the nation of Porto Capital on the continent of Melania.)
- Tak may be considered a disputed area; it unilaterally declared itself independend from Bowdani in 308 AP. According to some, Tak may still be considered part of Bowdani, despite the fact that the Bowdani government hasn't issued much more than a weak protest against Tak independence.